Labels

Monday, July 17, 2017

Essential Oils All-natural remedies and recipes for your mind, body and home by DK


5*
I love essential oils and have been using them for more years then I care to count. When I saw this book listed on Netgalley.com I had to apply for it. Essential Oils are so much more then a bottle of stuff that smells good. The oils can be using for so many different things from beauty, to illness, to cleaning your house, and yes to smell good. There is also several ways they can also be turned into poison like Cats should not be around Tea Tree oil it can make them very sick or even kill them. Some oils are fine for taking internally. You need to make sure the oil is food grade though, some oils will also turn to poison if taken internally so you should really know what you are doing before you do it when it comes to Essential oils.

Although I do know a lot about Essential Oils and their uses there is always room for more knowledge and new recipes. This book if filled with everything Essential Oils. It tells you how to use the different ones safely and effectively. There are recipes for making new smells, and for adding to cosmetics, shampoos, healing rubs and more. The book tells you the best way to use each oil, what its main purposes are and even tells you where the oils come from.

This book is a wealth of information. I am so glad I ran across it and even more glad I read it. This book should be used as a reference book. Don't just read it once and shelve it. You will want to pull this book out time and time again. With all the information in it reading it once I guarantee you will not remember everything the book teaches.


No comments:

Post a Comment