Labels

Friday, February 16, 2018

The Ocean City NJ Boardwalk: Two-And-A-Half Miles of Summer by Dean Davis



Last year on vacation my husband took me to the Jersey Shore and we picked my Mother In Law up outside of Philly to ride along. We went to Wildwood instead of Ocean City though. This was my first time in New Jersey, so everything was new and exciting to me. We are planning to go back again for the day this year and go to Ocean City's boardwalk. My husband and Mother In Law have been here many times. My husband was raised in Philadelphia. Me I'm a southern girl. I have never walked a boardwalk like the one in Wildwood, and it was freezing and raining when we went the end of May last year. I am hoping for sun and no rain this year.

When I saw this book listed on Netgalley I immediately requested it, and was accepted to receive it. I couldn't get it downloaded fast enough and jumped right into it. The pictures in this book took me back to Wildwood and I am really excited for May to get here this year so I can go see these sites for myself.

There are pictures both old and new in the book. I mean pictures as it is today and pictures from the past. If you have ever been to the Ocean City Boardwalk this will bring back tons of memories, and if you are like me and have never been, it will make you want to go.

There are pictures of the beach itself, the wildlife (both human and animal), shops, and other sites along the boardwalk. There are short histories about some of the places and the people who started them.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment