Labels

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Abandoned Industrial Places: Factories, Laboratories, Mills and Mines that the World Left Behind by David Ross


I have always enjoyed Urban Exploration and I actually spend more time then I am willing to say on Youtube watching Urban Exploration videos. There is a strange beauty in the old building and the rusting and rotting items left behind. I cannot understand all the graffiti and destruction though. Why do people want to break things, scatter things, and cover everything in Spray paint? These buildings are a part of our past, whether or not you live in that town or even in a different country. Like the Domino Sugar plant in Brooklyn NY.

I am a huge fan of photography books as well. I will never be able to see all the places and things in photography books. I read one about Oregon Last week and have added Oregon to my bucket list, form that book. I also read one about junk yards, and although I am not a car guru I found beauty under the rust of that book as well.

This book is a photo book of Abandoned Industrial  Places from around the world. Some places in this book I have heard of, even drove past a few like the Willow Steam Plant in Philadelphia. I would love to be able to go in some of these plants and explore, but for now I will just revel in the photographs of this book. I would love to visit the Wilson Carbide Mill in Ottawa Canada, there is a stunning waterfall outside of the crumbling building that is just stunning. Some of these Factories, hospitals, and other building are quite old, others have just recently closed. They may not be much to some people but I loved every photo in this book.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com and chose to leave this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment