Labels

Monday, April 24, 2017

Virtual Book Tour: Lake Of Sins: Hangman's Army by L. S. O'Dea




Lake Of Sins: Hangman's Army
by L.S. O’Dea


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


GENRE: YA, Dystopian Fantasy


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


BLURB:


A rebellion is brewing in the world of the Lake of Sins while Hugh Truent sits in prison days away from his execution.


After taking his findings about the genetic similarities between the classes to the Supreme Almighty and the Council, Hugh had been arrested for treason and all his evidence had vanished as if made from smoke.


To protect his family, he cut off all contact with the outside world while he sat in prison for over four years waiting for his execution. He has no idea that some of his reports were leaked to the other classes and that civil war looms on the horizon.


Trinity and her friends have no hope of winning the war unless they can unite the classes. In order to do that, they need someone everyone will follow. They need the one person all the classes trust and believe in. They need Hugh.


That means they have to break him out of a maximum security prison and convince him to lead their army, but that won’t be easy because Hugh wants revenge and he’s not going to let anything get in his way especially mouthy, attractive, know-it-all Trinity.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt Three:


Hugh


“What do you suggest we do?”  From this position, the next tree was quite a distance away.  The River-Men waited in the water below.  He didn’t want to go back but he didn’t think they had a choice.


She went farther out on the branch toward the other tree.  “Do you think you can jump?”  She turned toward him, her golden eyes searching his face.  “Don’t lie.  If you miss, you die.”


“I’ll never make that jump.”  There was no room for manly bravado in this situation.


She stared at him for another moment and then leapt.  The River-Men dipped below the surface and then back up as she landed safely on the other tree.  His heart thudded in his chest.  She wasn’t leaving him.  She wouldn’t do that.  He had faith in her.  He trusted her, but his stomach knotted.  He’d trusted before and had been betrayed.


She tied the end of the rope around the trunk of the tree.  “Do you think you can cross on the rope?  If you don’t, I’ll come back, but then we’ll have to backtrack and that means sleeping in the swamp tonight.”


His arms and back ached and his hands were a bloody mess, but he could do this.  He had to do this.  “Throw me the rope.”


“Are you sure?”


“Yeah.”  He wasn’t sure at all but they didn’t have time to go back.  He caught the rope and tied it to the trunk of the tree, making sure it was tight-really, really tight.  Then he grabbed the taut rope and wrapped his ankles over the top of it.  Hand over hand, he moved away from the safety of the tree.  He glanced down.  The River-Men were swimming faster, excited and anticipating a meal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~


AUTHOR Bio and Links:



L. S. O’Dea grew up the youngest of seven in a family that uses teasing and tricks as an indication of love (or at least that’s what she tells herself).  Being five years younger than her closest sibling often made her the unwilling entertainment for her brothers and sisters.
Before she started kindergarten her brothers taught her how to spell her first and middle name—Linda Sue.  She was so proud she ran into the kitchen to tell her mother.  She stood tall and recited the letters of her name:  L-E-M-O-N   H-E-A-D.
She’s pretty sure she has her siblings to thank for the demons that lurk in her mind, whispering dark and demented stories.


Website:


Facebook


twitter


email:
lsodea7@gmail.com


Join Readers’ Group and Get the First Two Books in the Lake of Sins Series for FREE


Buy Links: This book is the third in the series--and the series should be read in order.  The first two books is the series are FREE.
links to Amazon to purchase


draft2digital

Interview with L S O'Dea
How did you do research for your book?

I didn’t sit down and research before writing the book.  I did do a bit of research on animals and their senses (hearing, smell, sight etc).  That research I just googled topics and did some digging.  Couldn’t find much about some of the critters I was looking up (like cows) but I just switched to deer and other large prey animals.

I did however, throughout my life, read about animal rights – factory farming techniques, slaughter practices, etc – and these topics are a major theme in this series.  The books aren’t preachy and many people don’t even realize that animal rights is a theme of the stories, but if you are familiar with farmed animals then you’ll see the remnants in my books.

Do you have another profession besides writing?

Yes.  My day job – or as a friend calls it – the dreaded day job – is System Analyst.  I don’t dislike the job.  The company is great and the people I work for are fantastic, plus I’m very good at it and that’s a much needed ego boost especially when I get a bad review.  

Since the term System Analyst is kind of vague, I’ll explain what it means.  Basically, I’m an elevated computer programmer.  I set up and maintain systems related to GIS.

If you could go back in time, where would you go?

Would I maintain my current memories?  I’m going to answer it like I would.  I’d go back to when I was around ten or so and could still sit on my dad’s lap.  He passed away a few years ago and I miss him.  I was sick when I was around nine and had to stay on the couch for several months.  I woke around noon (that’s when the cartoons started) and stayed up late into the evening.  My mom would sleep by me on the couch so I wasn’t alone.  She’d try and stay awake but she was up early with my siblings and taking care of the house all day (seven kids to care for) so she never made it long.  But my dad…he worked shift work and I loved when he worked 3 to 11.  He’d come home and we’d sit together and watch TV.  At the time, I wasn’t allowed to sit up but the habit of staying up and watching certain shows rolled over into my life after I got well.  I’d learned to love Dr. Who and I’d sit on my dad’s lap and we’d watch it together.  I miss him and that time.

What is your next project?

I’m currently working on books four and five in the Lake of Sins series.  There’ll be at least six books in the series.  The last book is in very rough draft format and I’m probably going to have to “flesh out” a lot of it so it may become two books.

I hope to release book four, Betrayed and book five (no title yet) this summer.  Betrayed takes up right where Hangman leaves but we spend a lot of time in Jethro’s head and that’s a lot of fun.  He’s young, strong and mutating into something else.  He’s quite an interesting character.


Are your characters based off real people or did they all come entirely from your imagination?
I think they all have a part of me in them- be it a good part or bad – but other than that, they’re imaginary.  I did use the name of a guy who stood me up once.  I made him a pedophile and had the hero kill him.  It was fun.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~


GIVEAWAY INFORMATION


The author will be awarding a Kindle Paperwhite to a randomly drawn winner (International winner) during the tour.


http://lsodea.com/giveaways/lake-sins-win-kindle-paperwhite/">Enter to win a Kindle Paperwhite
http://lsodea.com/giveaways/lake-sins-win-kindle-paperwhite

4 comments: