Labels

Monday, December 19, 2016

BOOK AND AUDIOBOOK TOUR: Relentless: An Elisabeth Reinhardt Thriller by Nancy J Alexander



Book Description:

"The little girl lay under the hay stack scarcely breathing. Sweat poured down her face and dripped into her eyes; her heart pounded through her thin chest. Tiny flecks of hay clung to her wet skin, making her itch. She squeezed her nose tightly afraid she'd sneeze. Eyes clamped shut, she lay there. Flies buzzed around her, crawling on her. She didn't move. She didn't know how long she'd been there in the loft. She didn't care how long she stayed. She couldn't move. Not yet."

Nearly a lifetime after a childhood filled with misery and abuse, Gina, now a successful doctor, finds herself thrown back into a terrifying world where her nightmares become far more than just a dream. With the help of an unconventional therapist with secrets of her own, the hunt is on and Gina fights for her life in this harrowing tale of cat and mouse.

Buy the Book:   Amazon  ~  Audible

My Review:
What a ride!!! The book is about 3 men reeking havoc across the northeast robbing and killing young blond girls, while looking for the one who got away years before. 

  Jake was evil from a young age and loved to torment young girls. Starting with his young cousin Reggie Lee. No one believed Reggie Lee about the torment Jake inflicted on her. When she was 14 Jake almost kills her and she finally escapes with some help from her school counselor. Reggie Lee moves in a with a great foster family, changes her name, and beings a new life. She also suppresses the memories of what Jake has done to her. The memories have started to come back, and Jake is still searching for her. Will he catch her?

  Nancy Alexander has written a awesome book. I listened to the audiobook which is also narrated by Nancy Alexander. She has done an awesome job narrating as well. He voice lulled me into the story to the point I could't do anything else but listen. At times I was on the edge of my seat wishing she would hurry up, not that she was boring nor did she get off track from the story, but because I wanted to see if they the gang was caught and how. 

This was my first Nancy Alexender book but I am positive it will not be my last. I will be on the lookout for more books. Audio books as well and I hope she is the one narrating. 

Author's Bio:


Love of the mystery/thriller genre combines with psychotherapy training and experience to produce an emotionally supercharged dramatic novel. Nancy Alexander has devoted much of her professional life to helping survivors of childhood trauma; their distress has been ingrained and works to create characters who give voice to their plight. To analyze the evil minds that prey on others and the intricacies of law enforcers who pursue them seemed a natural interlacing of professional, literary and creative interests.

Connect with the author:  Website  ~  Twitter  ~  Facebook


Interview with Nancy J Alexander
How did you do research for your book?
For information about things like weather, plant and animal life, the military, police, weaponry, cities, cultures, countries, governmental structures, I use the internet, sometimes books on occasion personal interviews. Much of the character material comes from my work experiences or my imagination.

Do you have another profession besides writing?

I’m a psychotherapist.
Why do you write mystery/thrillers? Do you write any other genres?
I gravitated to the genre because of its drama and compelling nature. I find it’s flexible enough to include the psychological, familial and cultural information that has held my interest since childhood.  I have written a collection of real-life animal stories, a memoir, my blog and some poetry.

What is the last great book you’ve read?

I enjoyed Tana French’s The Trespasser.
Is there a specific ritualistic thing you do during your writing time?
I don’t know that I’d call it ritualistic, but I put my fingers on the keyboard, close my eyes, and breathe for a few moments. If I am full of creative ideas, I just write whatever comes to my mind. Those times are purely creative and experientially rich.
Much of Relentless takes place in Chicago. Do you have a favorite travel spot?
No. Chicago was where the title character lived and I let it be that way. Another main location is a town in West Virginia, that’s where the wounded child lived and much other plot surrounds several states in that general location.
Anything new projects or events you have coming up?
Yes! I have a new novel, Twisted Realms also from the Elisabeth Reinhardt series due to be released in March 2017 and hopefully the 2nd book in my Olive Branch series, Sun Runner will be released in November 2017.

Giveaway:​
Prizes:
Win a signed copy of RELENTLESS by Nancy J Alexander / 2 winners will also get a $15 Amazon gift card (open to USA & CAN) 5 winners total
Ends Jan 7


1 comment:

  1. I love thrillers! This sounds like an edge-of-seat read and I love this genre.

    ReplyDelete