Labels

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Wish You Were Here by Loren Rhoads


I may be considered weird by some people, but I love roaming around cemeteries. The older the better. I have had an account for years on findagrave.com for years and have posted thousands of photos and added numerous people. I think my family got me started at a very young age when every year on Memorial Day we all loaded up and headed to all the cemeteries we had family buried in and laid flowers on all the graves then had a huge family picnic at the one cemetery my Grand Father donated the land for. I also am big into Genealogy. So cemeteries are kind of my thing. When we go on vacation I love to visit old cemeteries we pass, and I am lucky enough to have a husband who humors me and stops.

After reading this book I honestly believe Loren Rhodes and I would get along quite well. We both love touring cemeteries all over.  I would love to go with her on her travels all over the world. The book is very interesting, she tells of her travels to the cemeteries in other part of the world. How some of those cemeteries are very different from our, some of the cemetery customs, and how many are the same as ours here in the states. There are also pictures!! Most of the pictures of of the front gates but I am thrilled to so those as well.

This book is very well written. It has personal accounts of Loren's travels. It also has personal thoughts of hers as well. There is some humor included as well. She also lists throughout the book other cemetery books which I am dying to check out as well.

I received this book from the Author or Publisher via Netgalley.com to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment