Labels

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson #11) by Darynda Jones


I would actually give this 10 stars if I could. I love this series of books. It is the only series I read that I follow so closely. I actually write the release dates on the calendar for each new book so I know when I can get it. Darynda Jones has an amazing imagination. She breaths so much life in the characters of this series that they seem like real people. I love how she keeps each person the same throughout the series. Not even subtle changes. I also love how this series just keeps getting stronger. Usually after a few books the writer seems to run out of steam or goes off in all kinds of weird directions, Not Darynda. She just keeps coming back with the perfect bait to keep not only me but tons of other readers on the hook. I don't like that there is only 1 book a year but I also feel like if there were more the series would fizzle out quickly. I also feel like if a TV Producer were to read just one of the books, we would be watching this on TV next season. After waiting almost a year for this book I have to say I was only disappointed when I turned the last page and seen it was over. 

This is the 11th book in the Charley Davidson series. All of the regular players are back in all of their glory. In this book Charley is struggling with her powers. She still has no memory of her life as a God but seems to be getting closer, the more she learns of her powers and the more hints are dropped by different people she interacts with. 

Charley is a private eye on top of being a God and the Grim Reaper. She gets a lot of cases that are cheating husbands and other ordinary things but even Law Enforcement knows to come to her with the strange and difficult cases. Charley solves the cases with help from her best friend and secretary Cookie, her Uncle Bob who is a detective and of course her more then Sexy husband Reyes also known as the Son of Satan, and other a whole host of other worldly creatures and ghosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment